The Gmail is largest using free web mail service provider and Outlook is one of the best web mail client. And what happen if both Gmail and outlook combined or configured with each other? Obviously it gives a positive impact for user, because they can easily handle their Gmail activity and outlook activity in one mail client. By this configuration you are not required to use different mail account. Simply you can configure your Gmail account with outlook and enjoy its amazing features and services.
You can simply configure the outlook to handle your Gmail account once you enable POP or IMAP as per your choice. But how can you enable the IMAP setting and POP? If find any difficulty then look below where I mention some beneficial points so that you can easily enable the IMAP setting and then configure Gmail with outlook.
- Folks, first you have to log in to your account by the help of your email address and password. Once you enter in your Gmail account, look on the right side where you find the option of setting icon just hit that. Now click on setting option when you scroll it.
- Under the setting option you have to click on forwarding and POP/IMAP. Then click on enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on under the POP download option.
- After that choose archive’s Gmail copy and click on save option.
For manual configuration:
- In your account, go to file menu and select add account option. Then dialog box appear where you have to select manually configure server setting or additional server types. And click on next option. Now choose internet email and hit the click button.
- After that, enter your email address, name and your password. Under the account type section choose POP or IMAP.
- Then enter gmail.com or pop.gmail.com for incoming server. And enter smtp.gmail.com for outgoing server.
- Now click on more setting and select my outgoing server requires authentication under the outgoing tab.
- Then click on use same setting as my incoming server and move to advanced tab.
- Here you have to enter 995 in incoming server port for POP3 and 993 for IMAP. Then choose this server requires encrypted connection and enter 587 for outgoing server port and click OK to close the dialog box
- Then you have to click on test account setting and click next to exit the dialog box.