The Gmail is enriching with wonderful features and services by which we can maintain the mails, contacts and so many things. The Gmail was launched in the year of 2004 and from that period of time till now it facilitates so many advanced features for their users. You can simply access the Gmail on your mobile device and system and start enhancing its features. You can also use this Gmail on several of mobile platforms; also you can configure the Gmail with any mailing platform. You want to configure the Gmail with outlook then you have to follow the points which are mentioned below:
For this configuration you have to first enable the IMAP first.
- Open your Gmail account and hit the setting icon. After that scroll it and click on setting option.
- Here you will interact with numerous of options but you have to press the forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Then select enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on under the POP download.
- Then choose archive Gmail copy which is next to when message are accessed with POP and hit the save changes button.
This above points indicates that the Gmail account to let MS outlook download the messages by the help of POP3. Now let’s start the configuration process.
- Go to your account and click on the file menu, then select add account. After that a dialog box will appear where you have to select manually configure server setting or additional server types.
- Then just click on next option. Then choose internet email and click on next
- Next dialog box will appear; here you have entered your name, email address and password. In account type section select POP if you want to create POP3 account. And select IMAP.
- Now enter the information for incoming server i.e. gmail.com or imap.gmail.com
- Then enter the information for outgoing server i.e. smtp.gmail.com & click on more setting.
- In outgoing server section, you have to click my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. After that choose use same setting as my incoming server.
- After that go to advanced tab. Now enter 995 if you create a POP3 account & enter 993 if you creating IMAP.
- Then select this server requires an encrypted connection & enter the value 587 for outgoing server.
- After that click ok to close it. Now it will test the account setting and meanwhile it says that your account setting are correct and click on next to exit.