Before changing the proxy setting first of all we should know what actually proxy setting is? Basically the proxy server is playing a vital role between the client computer and the internet. It simply gives permission to client computer to establish network connection with other network services. If anyone using the proxy server so first of all the client computer will connect to the proxy server and requesting for some resources such as: videos, mp3, e-books and other types of resources which is available on internet. Here is share some of the benefits why user use proxy server.
- If you want to share the internet connection on LAN then you can use it.
- If you want to speed up your internet surfings then surely you have to go with proxy server.
- As discussed above, proxy server act as intermediate between the user’s computer and internet but why? Just because to protect & prevent from attacks and unexpected access.
The proxy server always exists in firewall or separated server so that it forwards the request through the firewall. The proxy server is very well use to facilitate the security, caching services or administrative control. It is also use to enable the user’s privacy and anonymous surfing. Through this we can monitor the traffic and undermine user policy.
If you don’t know how to change the proxy setting in internet explorer then find the some simple steps which I share here.
- For proxy setting first you have to open your internet explorer. After that you have to select the tool option from the menu bar.
- Once you click on tool option, new window will appear with lots of options here you have to choose internet option. And under the internet option you have to go with connection tab.
- In connection tab, just click on LAN setting, after selecting it please check mark in the two tick boxes under the proxy server. After that enter your proxy server name and port number in the boxes.
- And in last click on Ok button, after that close it and re open your internet explorer.
You can also disable your proxy server:
- First click on tool button after that select internet option. Now you have to click on connection tab and go with LAN setting.
- Then you have to uncheck the “use proxy server for your LAN” and hit the OK button.
- Here you proxy setting is disable now.